- Benefits of Plastics, website, SPI: The Plastics Industry Trade Association. (Industry, Invention)
- Deutsch, Claudia. “Plastic Recycling Is a Work in Progress.” New York Times, March 30, 2002. (Sustainability, Industry, Waste)
- Interbrand.com. “Scott Vitters, General Manager, PlantbottleTM Packaging, Coca-Cola.” Audio interview. (Industry, Sustainability, Invention)
- Knoblauch, Jessica. “The Environmental Toll of Plastics.” Environmental Health News, July 2, 2009. (Health, Industry, Invention, Sustainability, Waste)
- Logomasini, Angela. “Plastic Bag Bans Are Bad for the Environment.” Competitive Enterprise Institute WebMemo No. 18, November 8, 2011. (Industry, Sustainability)
- Sharpe, Richard. “Is It Time to End Concerns over the Estrogenic Effects of Bisphenol A?.” Toxicological Sciences 114:1 (2010): 1–4. (Industry, Health)
- Strom, Stephanie. “Companies Pick Up Used Packaging, and Recycling’s Cost.” New York Times, March 23, 2012. (Waste, Industry)
- American Chemistry Council website. (Industry)
- American Chemistry Council. “Too Valuable to Waste.” Video, 2010. (Industry)
- American Plastic Manufacturing. “Plastic Bag Myths.” (Industry)
- Biddle, Mike. “We Can Recycle Plastic.” Video, TED Talks, 2011. (Sustainability, Industry, Waste)
- Bisphenol-A.org website. “About Bisphenol-A.” (Industry, Health)
- Black, Harvey. “Chemical Reaction: The U.S. Response to REACH.” Environmental Health Perspectives 116:3 (March 2008): 125–127. (Industry, Health)
- Coca-Cola Company. 2011/2012 Coca-Cola Sustainability Report, November 7, 2012. (Industry, Sustainability, Invention)
- Freinkel, Susan. “Plastic: Too Good to Throw Away.” New York Times, March 17, 2011. (Health, Industry, Invention, Sustainability, Waste)
- Gunther, Marc. “Coca-Cola’s New PlantBottle Sows Path to Greener Packaging.” Audio, Greenbiz.com, December 1, 2009. (Industry, Invention)
- Hamilton, Jon. “Public Concern, Not Science, Prompts Plastics Ban.” Audio, NPR, Special Report: Plastic Peril? April 1, 2009. (Health, Industry)
- Hopewell, Jefferson; Robert Dvorak; and Edward Kosier. “Plastics Recycling: Challenges and Opportunities.” Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B 364:1526 (July 2009): 2115–2126. (Sustainability, Waste, Industry)
- Kim, Sun Joo. “Europe’s First Bridge Made from Recycled Plastic.” SmartPlanet.com, October 31, 2011. (Invention, Industry)
- Save the Plastic Bag website. (Industry)
- Society of the Plastics Industry. “Scott Vitters of Coca-Cola at Sustain ’08.” Video, 2009. (Industry, Invention)
- “Times Topics: Plastic Bags.” New York Times website. (Waste, Industry)
- “Unfinished Business: Extended Producer Responsibility for Post-Consumer Packaging.” Video, 2012. (Waste, Industry)
- Young, Robin. “Should Supermarket Plastic Bags Be Banned?” Audio, WBUR Boston, Here and Now, November 29, 2012. ( Industry, Waste)
- ”Autos: Plastic Ford Unveiled,” Time Magazine, August 25, 1941.
- Fenichell, Stephen. Plastic: The Making of a Synthetic Century. New York: Harper Collins, 1996.
- Freinkel, Susan. Plastics: A Toxic Love Story. New York: Henry Holt, 2011.
- Hohn, Donovan. “Moby Duck, or, the Synthetic Wilderness of Childhood.” Harper’s Magazine, July 2007.
- Humes, Edward. Garbology: Our Dirty Love Affair with Trash. New York: Avery, 2012.
- Murphy, W. “Carl Walter: A Pioneer in Shaping the Medical Device Industry.” American Journal of Surgery 148 (1984).
- Nicholson, Joseph L., and George R. Leighton. “Plastics Come of Age.” Harper’s Magazine, August 1942.
- Royte, Elizabeth. “Corn Plastic to the Rescue.” Smithsonian Magazine, August 2006.
- Tierney, John. “Recycling Is Garbage.” New York Times, June 30, 1996.
- Tullo, Alex. “Valuing Bioplastics.” Chemical & Engineering News, July 15, 2013.