Our museum will be closed November 25–27 for the Thanksgiving holiday; we’ll resume our regular schedule on Thursday, December 2.
Museum hours: Thursday–Saturday, 10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
PLEASE NOTE: Masks are required to visit our museum.
Learn more on our COVID Information page.
Our museum is free and open to the public. Find the information you need to plan a visit, from viewing our exhibitions to directions and parking.
315 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
Thursday–Saturday: 10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Admission to our museum is free.
Group and School Tours
The Institute is not offering group or school tours at this time. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about future tour scheduling.
Permanent and changing exhibitions can be viewed at any time during museum hours. Learn more about what’s currently on view.
Directions, Transportation, and Parking
Getting to the Science History Institute is easy by public transportation, taxi, train, or car, and there are several parking garages nearby.
The Institute’s exhibitions are completely accessible by wheelchair.
Our museum team works hard to bring you engaging exhibitions and programs. And sometimes we need a break to recharge! On days that we are closed, we invite you to enjoy a digital exhibition, take a peek at our outdoor exhibition on the façade of our building, or enjoy an article, podcast, or video from Distillations.
The museum will be closed on the following holidays:
- New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Presidents’ Day
- Memorial Day weekend (Saturday through Monday)
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving weekend (Thursday, Friday, and Saturday)
- Winter Break: To thank our staff for their hard work in this challenging year and to allow staff to spend time with family and friends, the museum will close to the public at 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, December 18, 2021, and reopen at 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, January 6, 2022.